Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Tea for three.

In keeping with the tradition of being late with posts, that I appear to be setting myself; me and Lauren were feeling extremely apprehensive about receiving our results this summer.
So we decided to have a girly treat day and go for afternoon tea.

I also invited my mum to join us. It's rare that I get to spend days with my mum as she does shifts and we usually have my little sister running around our feet, so need to do something that will entertain her.

It was such a beautiful sunny day, and it was so hot that we all slipped into our favourite summer dresses and got a little dressed up.


I am wearing a H&M Dress, H&M necklace, and Accessorize shoes.
We headed to a local pub called The Grapes and we were greeted with a smiley waitress who then proceeded to take us to our table.
If you decide to go for afternoon tea yourself here, then make sure you ring up and pre book.

It's worth it, I promise!
Just look at what you get:



Homemade mini fish and chips in a little bucket...
Sandwiches...
Quiche...
Sausage rolls...


And for the sweet treats...
Strawberry mouse...
Milkshake...
Creme Brülée...
Carrot cake...


Rocky road...
Jam and Scone... 
Cherry Bakewell...

The list just goes on.



The food was simply delicious, and washed down with the perfect cup of tea made it even better.



It was so lovely spending the afternoon with Lauren.
Sometimes it is so easy to go back home for summer and loose track of time and forget to meet up with all your friends at uni. 
I am so glad that we only live round the corner from each other!



After devouring the remainder of the goodies on the picnic bench, and (maybe) finishing a glass of wine (or two), we strolled back home in the sunshine with some very large grins on our faces.


For only £12.50 per person I would definitely recommend a trip! 
Do you like going for afternoon tea?
Any recommendations for a good place to go in Sheffield?
Me and Lauren are on the look out

Love Em.

6 comments:

  1. Oh this looks so cute - especially the milkshakes!
    I hope you've had a great summer :)
    Messing With A Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thank you! I hope you did too! :) x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was! I was so full afterwards! :) x

      Delete
  3. That looks so delicious, I love going for afternoon tea! I love how it's presented on the mini benches- so cute :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I loved the benches too! Perfect presentation :) x

      Delete