Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Time to explore.

One of my favorite things about America is their breakfast.
I know this may sound strange, but they are seriously amazing. I mean, just look at my pancakes...



Me and Dad woke up early, and after tucking into the pancakes, we had planned to go and explore Central Park.
But as we were heading towards it, we found this beautiful fountain.
I love how hidden between all the towering buildings, there are gems of pure beauty.


There were so many people just sat round the fountain buried in a book, or simply enjoying coffee.
After we had sat down and decided which route we were going to take on the underground, we began the walk to the metro. 



We found our station, and before we knew it we emerged into the daylight and were greeted by the sight of colourful autumn leaves. 



I loved all the horse-drawn carriages surrounding the park, seeing all the families pointing and enjoying the surrounding buildings. Or the young couples cuddled into each other enjoying the fresh air.


We found the entrance and wandered into the famous park...


As you strolled round there was music around every corner.
People playing a range of instruments and music for your enjoyment, and I have to admit, some of them were excellent. 


As we strolled round we couldn't help but feel like we had been there before.
There were so many spots that we recognized from our favorite movies and television shows.


I loved Central Park so much that it made me wish that I lived in New York, simply so I could join these joggers in their daily training. 


That's a lot for me to admit, as if i am honest, I am not the type of person who goes jogging for enjoyment...
or at all for that matter.

The park was simply beautiful, and full of people enjoying every aspect of it. 


We stumbled upon a little street filled with people trying to sell you their products. 
From giant bubble makers, to some of their artwork that they had poured their time and hard work into.




That's when we found the bridge. 
I was so excited, I had seen this is so many films and shows, it felt surreal to finally be there, and I couldn't wait to run down the steps and see all the boats on the lake. 


Oh, and of course the beautiful fountain...


The mixture of the golden leaves against the glittering water was mesmerizing.
It just looked so beautiful. 


The amount of people laughing and enjoying their boat ride was lovely to watch.
It made you want to jump into one of your own and add to the sound of laughter.



We then headed off in search of a map.
We had heard that there was an Alice in Wonderland statue hidden within the park that was worth visiting and we wanted to make sure we found it en route to the Guggenheim. 

We dipped in and out of secret tunnels...


and maybe a boathouse...



Saw children, (and adults), racing their boats on the water...




until we found Alice...

After saying our goodbyes to Alice and the Mad Hatter, we continued our journey in search of the Guggenheim.


The Guggenheim is a renowned art museum that focuses on modern art. It is also the setting of many famous scenes, including the famous gun battle in the film The International.


The building is simply beautiful. 
However, they will not let you enter to look up and see the spiral effect without a ticket, so if you do decide to go, make sure you don't make the same mistake as us and assume you can just pop in to look at the roof, as they won't let you. 

Me and Dad decided that we weren't too bothered about buying a ticket and looking at the artwork, as we wanted to ensure our time was spent seeing the sights of New York instead. 
But it is definitely something I would like to do next time I go, (if there is a next time, i'm going to keep my fingers crossed.)

We then wandered back into Central Park, planning to walk back down and find the shops.
Everywhere you look the scenery is just beautiful.


  

Imagine having a picnic inside there during summer...
Sounds perfect doesn't it?



The buildings just tower above you, making you feel so small.


That is when we found the bridge.
It took us a while, as we continued to get lost in the maze that is Central Park, but we finally found it. 


When my dad first went to New York he came back with a lot of photos, yet one that I have always loved was the photo he took of this famous bridge, and when he told me that we were going to New York, that was the first thing I had on my list.




Once we had visited our final destination in Central Park we head off in search of the shops.


And we found them...


But I wasn't searching for that particular store. 
I was looking for Tiffany's.

Since I can remember I have loved the film Breakfast at Tiffany's, (if you haven't seen it, then I highly recommend it), and I think this is where my love of Tiffany jewellery began.
For my birthday my brother and his wife gave me a gift card, that my brother purchased in New York when he was visiting earlier in the year, and I was extremely grateful. 
I couldn't wait to get inside and find the perfect piece of jewellery that I could cherish.


After spending a very long time deciding, (sorry dad), I finally chose this beautiful bracelet.
I also fell in love with their New Tiffany T collection, so if you are looking into treating yourself it's definitely worth looking into.
Although it is rather pricey.

We then continued our journey until we found the ice skating rink at the Rockefeller Center before the sunset and Times Square lit up the night sky.




Times Square is breathtaking.
Being amongst the crown and the flashing lights is slightly unreal.
Pictures just do not do it justice.
But I will certainly try, just for you.





That's when we decided to head back to the hotel, get ready, and head straight back out in search of food. 
Because we had such a busy day, we ended up going to a restaurant round the corner to the hotel and drank Champagne at the bar with some lovely nibbles.
It was the perfect end to the perfect day.

1 comment:

  1. wow you most defintiely made the mot of your visit , did you miss anything lol, x

    ReplyDelete